The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/697 adopted 27. April 2016 which intends to strengthen and unify the data protection law with regards to processing of personal data and the free movement of the data, and repealing directive 95/46/EC.
Most important changes introduced by GDPR
GDPR coming into force introduces some changes which compliance involves the necessity to reorganize the working methods thereby launching appropriate alterations in the systems including Marketing Automation platforms. These are:
- necessity to store personal data of customers on the EU territory
- customer’s right to be forgotten
- requirement to collect the consents to process the personal data (those need to be clear and understandable)
- new rule of accountability – responsibility for abiding by the rules and ensuring that the data processing complies with the regulations
- obligation to report any incidents of data breach
- increased sanctions for data breaches
- customer’s right to demand his data to be transferred to another entity
- necessity to respect the data protection regulation from the project stage of creating IT solutions
- requirement to maintain records of data processing.
Changes in the SALESmanago Marketing Automation system due to GDPR
SALESmanago Marketing Automation introduced few changes to help its customers with everyday work regarding the new GDPR regulation. All of them will make it possible to comply with the new set of rules provided by GDPR.
The compatibility with GDPR is provided on each of 3 customer lifecycle stages: data collection, data storage and processing and finally unsubscribe, forget or deletion request.
Below you will find a list of the newest changes introduced by SALESmanago Marketing Automation with a view to our customers:
“Forget me” button
From now on the customer gains the right to be forgotten. He can thereby ask to have all his data deleted from the system. The law applies to data stored both in digital and paper form, as well as the backup version.
SALESmanago Marketing Automation launches a new feature – “Forget me” button which allows getting rid of such data in seconds, by just one click. You can find in on a contact card in the system.
Simplified data export
The consumers are provided with the right to demand the transfer of data e.g. to a different entity when the contract is changed. It will be executed only if it is feasible technologically.
SALESmanago Marketing Automation provides its customers with the possibility to transfer all contact data to external systems in a convenient form – as flat file or via API.
Turn on/off profiling
GDPR gives the opportunity to consent for both processing the data and profiling using the internet browser settings.
SALESmanago Marketing Automation system allows switching on/off the monitoring of a particular contact.
Specifying the source of data
With the regulation coming into force a entity responsible for data processing will be obliged to reveal the source of data.
To make the task easier for the customers, SALESmanago Marketing Automation provides them with the option to assign tags that will help with clear and direct identification of the data acquisition source. The tags can be assigned not only when it comes to contact forms but also during imports and via API.
Forms and consents
To make sure you’re collecting appropriate consents from your customers, use the newly created screen where you will be able to define new consents, which will be monitored for each contact.
Due to upcoming changes it will be necessary to prepare such documentation as:
- Security Policy
- IT system management instruction
- Procedure of Users Management and Access (the register of authorized persons)
- Register of Data Processing Operations
- Monitoring and Response Policy to Data Protection Breaches
- Incident Register
- Backup Management Policy
- Applied Security Standards