Dynamic segments is an advanced tool that allows you to create and update groups of contacts in real time that meet an extensive set of criteria at a given moment, including CRM, behavioral and transactional data.
Dynamic segments allow you to:
- Use reach data on transactions and visits in your store to create extremely precise customer segments and use them in your campaigns.
- Freely combine different criteria to target specific groups of users without external BI systems or IT support.
- Create a set of dynamic segments that represents contacts audiences you need in your marketing campaigns which will be automatically updated before each use.
- Immediately verify the amount of customers who meet selected criteria.
- Analyze how the sizes of dynamic segments change in time.
How does it work?
The Dynamic Segments Wizard allows you to connect elements that define:
- traffic sources (UTM, referral, search, advert, email, direct),
- transaction data (products, amounts, dates),
- transaction sources,
- transaction statistics (amount spent, number of transactions over time).
- CRM data including:
- contact segmentation (tags)
- contact information (contact details)
You can use any number of criteria and combine them by using and / or connectors.
After saving the criteria, the system analyzes the data collected on the account and calculates the number of contacts that meet the specified criteria, returning the result immediately.
The calculation of the number of contacts in a dynamic segment can be carried out ad hoc or automatically, at the time of sending the campaign or launching the automation rule targeted for the selected user segment.
In the recent update, we’ve added the possibility to combine tags and contact card details with other criteria, allowing dynamic segmentation to give you even more freedom in creating target groups. Remember, tags and contact details in Dynamic Segments are counted using BigQuery technology. Data about contact details is transmitted once a day. If you set and recount a segment, only data from the previous day will be taken into account. Changes made in the following day won’t be considered.
Learn more about Dynamic Segments >>
How can you use Dynamic Segments?
Campaign with product news from a specific producer – the dynamic segment includes all contacts that have bought products of specific producers for over 300 EUR in the last 6 months. The email campaign informs about new products from this producer.
Automatic messages for people who reach subsequent spending thresholds – dynamic segments include contacts who, regardless of the number of transactions, spent certain amounts (below 100 EUR, 100 EUR, 500 EUR, 1000 EUR).The system sends messages encouraging these contacts to make further purchases in order to obtain a higher customer rank and larger discounts on purchases.
Lowering cost of conversion
Migrate buyers from paid-traffic sources and become a better marketer by exploiting resources you already possess – the dynamic segment contains contacts who have placed orders only from paid sources and did not buy anything after direct visit or from emails. Contacts from this segment will receive special discount code in the content of newsletters for the next purchase.
Recommendations of complementary products – the dynamic segment includes people who bought a specific product in the last month.
Let’s see a short Dynamic Segments presentation.