The dust has already dropped after the shopping madness, it’s time to sum up the last few weeks. We analyzed several humongous data tables and drew some important conclusions. Here’s what Black Friday looked like in online stores using SALESmanago.
- Black Friday conquers the European market by storm – even taking into account the richness of society, rising prices and inflation, the year-to-year increase in the value of transactions can be seen with a naked eye.
- Email Marketing is safe & sound – emails sent during Black Friday outgrew twice those sent at the beginning of the black week (while black-themed campaigns were already running). Despite this, Black Friday’s statistics of openings and clicks in emails were higher than during the whole week. Remember to personalize the offer, so that it will not be lost in the sea of other messages – especially during the shopping (and mailing) spree. Campaigns need to be planned two steps forward and followed by a complex processes automation to optimize operations and not to waste time on something that the marketing automation platform can do with ease.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday are a pinnacle of the shopping hot period – the number of transactions increases starting from Monday and reaching the culmination on Friday. Then it falls on the weekend (the wallets need rest too) to climb once again to Friday’s level on Cyber Monday. What’s the lesson? The point is that in these two days, people are focused on taking advantage of the sales, and they are eager to buy discounted products. Is it Friday or Monday – they are equally enthusiastic to buy something they normally couldn’t afford or didn’t classify as an article of first necessity. When planning sales, focus on these two days. Remember that, paradoxically, the shorter the promotion, the more the more interest (this is how the human psyche works – it is fear of wasting opportunities). Of course, you can announce Black Week, but put the greatest emphasis on these two days.
- Automation is the key – shopping madness is a great opportunity to give the company’s cash register a solid cash injection. However, it should be mentioned that the customer relationship does not end with the sale itself. Sending hundreds of thousands of emails with a summary of transactions, rescuing an abandoned cart are a task for the software, not a group of people who can take care of customers in real time, for example by phone or live chat.
- A set of tools responding to the needs of online stores is a must for such days – dynamic recommendation frames or live chat, which allows you to keep an eye on the contact card with the users data – all these functions help store employees to cope with the service of hundreds of customers passing through the site during the day. They minimize the risk of error and easily simplify the lives of already-occupied people. (If you have not had time to use them on Black Friday, be sure to fix this error before Christmas! You have 14 days of free tests)
PS. Avoid ‘surprises’. Download Marketer’s Calendar for December